Depression, Part 2



The heavy rain clouds rolled in and with it came my Depression. I was doing really well last week- eating well, exercising and feeling pretty good! But, I've noticed with highly dramatic climate changes, my mood goes south quickly.

Depression is strange to talk about. People start getting worried- wondering if you are okay. 

I am okay. 

I am. 

I just have a deep maroon, dark cloud hanging over me. Or hanging over my heart.

I don't feel very much of joy, laughter, light or love.

I buy my very favorite cinnamon bread- nothing. Ok, maybe a glimmer of a smile.

I take a nap. It helps some, but twenty minutes later, I am dragging- all energy sucked out from under me.

I look at a 94 year old man that I know who always takes the stairs.

Today I can barely keep up with my four year old.

We race along the wet sidewalk, trying not to step on the tiny snails that have come out to get a cool Fall drink. I stop and walk. He runs ahead laughing and commenting on my decision to walk.

And then I realize why I am so very tired.

It is the Depression.

It sucks your energy, leaving you slower than a 94 year old.

Although, you were slower than a 94 yr to begin to begin with. ;)

----I'm off to pick out Christmas Cards. Maybe that will bring some cheer to my day!

Comments

Unknown said…
I feel you girl. Long periods of no sun can just put me down. No more summer and my fun summer clothes.
Joanie said…
Thank you for describing your feelings...so interesting..and it helps me understand you better. Depression is a trial....On days you do not have depression also write about how it feels...and then you will remember that it doesn't last. Maybe that will help??? I love your sad poetry. Once I was depressed and I wrote some sad poetry and it helped...I also drew a picture of of me crying..that helped. Have you tried color therapy? Yellow is cheering.I love you and I am sorry you have this happen to you at times.....