My Grandpapa Hulihan




 This subject is still very sensitive to my heart and I will try to get this written down without crying too much. My Dad’s Dad- John Robert Hulihan passed away from kidney failure in Salmon, ID on Saturday October 22,  three weeks before his 97th birthday.

  My sisters Larissa and Amy and my Mom went to visit him in his care facility the weekend before. We were so glad we went and so glad to see him! He was mostly lucid but would sometimes feel as though he was somewhere else.

   For two or three years I would call Grandpa up on the phone every Thursday afternoon at 2 pm. Every time I called he would say give the kids a hug and a kiss from Grandpa. The last time I talked to him on the phone- two days before he passed, he those same words and said “keep up the good work.” This is the exact same thing my Dad said to me the week before he passed.

    It’s been hard to lose both my Dad and my Grandpa- who was like a second Dad to me- in less than a year but I know that they are in a happier place- together, surrounded by family and friends who love them.

     I love you, Grandpapa. May your stories and memory live forever in our hearts.

Comments