Strep Throat!!!





I was prepared for Declan to come home sick the first week or two of Kindergarten. Being around all those new little germs you are not used to often makes you sick and miserable! 

Fast forward a month and I thought I was out of the woods! We had been rubbing Thieves Essential Oil on the bottom of his feet but I hadn't been so faithful with it the past few weeks. We also have Thieves in our bathroom hand soap and in our cleaning spray so I thought we would be gone!

Boy, was I wrong! 9 days ago today, Declan complained of a sore throat. I thought it was mild and would go away as usual. It didn't. Then he had a headache and on Friday he couldn't wake up and when he did, he told me "Mom, there is a sign on the mirror in the bathroom that says if you are sick, stay home!"

**My 5 year old can read, did I mention that? It's been lovely and I think it was the tv captioning because besides reading bedtime books and going over sight words we didn't do anything to teach him!

He convinced me and I took him straight to the Dr. 

Strep Throat!

Ugh!

And then Saturday night I felt those once- or twice- know stabbing throat pains and I knew I had it too!

It's been the worst since I can't take any other pain medicine besides Tylenol with my pregnancy. 

I had to get a blessing. Twice.

And blessings are good, but I sure felt humbled and in pain and scared. I couldn't sleep because of the pain, started losing my patience and could barely eat. What you had on your hands was one tired, hungy, pregnant Mama! All Sunday!

Oh, and this morning, Jonah and Elizabeth woke up with it too.

While I am not fond of going to the Dr and Walgreens. Twice. Today. Or seeing my kiddos in pain, I am fond of the two naps I just squeezed in between Dr. appointments and a fresh bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup from Kneaders. 

That I am proud of! On to feeling better and getting better. Life is good! 

***Happy 95th Birthday to President Nelson this week! His outlook on life is so positive, I want to be just like him!

Comments