On the Beauty of Temples!






Back in May I accepted a 5 hour shift at the Gilbert Temple and was set apart to be authorized to do so. 

Hooray!

I had been wanting to work in the Temple for a very long time!

Since 2008.

In 2008 I asked the leader of our Church Group if I could work in the Temple. I loved being there so much! He said that I needed to wait until all my kids had left the house. That was going to be a long time as my youngest Asher was TWO at the time. I went home a little disappointed, but understood the meaning behind it (making family a priority).

Fast forward 11 years. 

Josh and I were attending a large Church meeting for our area (Stake Conference) and I heard the speaker mention that anyone was allowed to work in the Temple now.

What did beautiful news did my ears just hear?!

I turned to Josh and he knew what I was thinking.

I waited a few months to make sure I was really willing to commit to such a time commitment each week and then met with my Bishop to get a recommendation.

It took awhile, but I am now working in the Temple! I started in May and haven't looked back! I love, love, love it! I love being there for a good chunk of my day. I love learning new things as I take the time to ponder during quiet moments of my shift and I love the people that I work with.

It's the Temple! Of course, it will be lovely!

I did feel overwhelmed with all that I needed to learn in the beginning, but five months later, I think I'm getting the hang of things!

And I love it!

Comments