Good Morning!


I wanted to talk a little about the Book The Miracle Morning ( http://niklasgoeke.com/the-miracle-morning/) by Hal Elrod.

Hal got in a car accident and was struggling to move forward in his life and stay positive. It was a pretty bad accident and he couldn’t walk. One morning he woke up earlier that everyone else, came downstairs and began a routine that changed his life. After reading this book I’ve tried to incorporate these steps as well. I already wake up early to do Kundalini Yoga, but am trying to add these extra steps. The steps are:

1. Moment of Silence. You sit quietly, letting everything be still
2. Read something. It can be a personal development book, anything.
3. Write something. This can be in your journal or as morning pages (see The Artists Way).
4. Get moving. This can be anything from an exercise program to jumping jacks.
5. Positive Affirmations. This is where you state your goals/affirmations out loud in a positive way. “I am a wonderful Mother.”
6. Visualization. Here you spend a moment visualizing your future. This helps you achieve your goals.

This morning, when I had my book (and flashlight) and water set up, Declan woke up at 5 am with a scary dream. There goes your Miracle Morning said Josh! I read in bed with him and visualized and then did my affirmations in the car, so I got this!

The steps can be done as 1 minute exercises. I sometimes do 30 seconds. Hal
Wakes up an hour early and does this. I wake up an hour early but I also do yoga and make lunches so I just squeeze the steps in.

I LOVE Miracle Mornings!

Here’s to many!


Comments