Of Fire and Ice

***I wrote this post two months ago, but am posting it anyway!

This morning was a crazy morning. The carpet cleaners are coming to clean our carpets- I got a great deal on living social- so I was trying to move stuff off the carpet. Declan woke up for the day at the early hour of 6:40 am and he woke up grumpy! I woke up at 5 and meant to go back to sleep but checked on the kids and found Ethan awake with a sore throat. Then I couldn't fall back asleep so I got up and did some meditation.

On to the subject line of the post. It rained last night instead is snow so the 6 inches of snow covering our whole back yard was now covered in a layer of ice topped snow. The kids had 5 minutes before it was time to go to school, so they decided to head out back and realized what a icy adventure our yard had become. I quickly wrangled them back inside before anyone got hurt!

Then, I went to toast an English muffin and something in the bottom burst into flames! had toasted a cheesy jalapeƱo bagel yesterday that must have leaked. There was a fire in our toaster oven! Declan thought it was great fun and cheered when I finally blew it out and said again! He must have thought it was like a birthday candle! Now the house smells like smoke, Declan's down for an early nap and the carpet cleaners haven't even arrived yet! What a morning!

Comments