On snowy days



Last Monday night I made plans for the second day of Christmas vacation. Those included the Thanksgiving Point Museum and baking cookies.

As I watched the snow flakes line up in a straight line on my Weather channel app which were followed by the very real deal of soft, fluffy snowflakes cascading down from the Snow White sky, those plans changed.

We nixed the museum idea, stayed in our pajams until 10 or for some of us all day, and added building a snowman to the list. The big boys went sledding, the girl stayed inside and the toddler and I made a small snowman from perfect snowman making snow. He had fun and tried to knock the snowman down like he does with his blocks. I distracted him with plastic, colorful buttons and twigs for arms.

A cup of hot chocolate always convinces the littlest ones to come inside and after half a sippy cup of hot chocolate with a splash of milk, I read him two books and sang him two songs- including Silent Night in the mix- and tucked him into bed. As I did so, my heart softened. He was so cute in the snow, next to our little snowman. So excited at the prospect of liquid chocolate and we had such fun that my heart turned tender. I love this little boy of mine and I love living in Utah, where the snow is beautiful and the snowman making is wonderful. ❄️☃🌨

Comments