On Depression


still battle depression.

Amidst the daily headache, which is very mild and has only been a constant in my life and not a needle prick in my side.

Amidst the daily routines of Mothering and living.

It hits me hardest from from 2-5 pm.

And in the morning when I awake.

It's dark and cold. A not wanting to be here.

A lack of light and luster, of hope and encouragement.

Some days I have no depression at all. The day ends and I look back at the day and say the "black dog" (as Winston Churchill called it) didn't visit me today and I am grateful. Oh, so grateful.

This morning I went to a Kundalini Yoga Class in Salt Lake and sometimes that dregs up feelings you have to work with.

All I want to say is that anxiety and depression are something that's out there. It may hit you or someone you love. If that ever happens, there is help available. Professional help and I am here. I can help.

Just so you know.


Comments

Joanie said…
I love you blog...haven't been on it in ages. Love the flipcard thing...OK...Here is your momma's advice: Salmon every day!!!! Wild salmon....comes in can...and in the Costco salmon burgers. Try it for a month and see what happens. Obey your mom!!! I love you. I miss you. I look forward to your report...I will send recipe ideas....I Love you!!!!! Kundalini yoga!!!??? When I visit, you can show me ...