Leprechaun Day

The weather is gorgeous- think 72 degrees- the trees are blooming- right in front of my house- and it's St Patrick's Day! One of my favorite Holidays!

When I flew to Spain 16 years ago (ah!) on my mission it was St Patricks's Day and my Grandpa and Grandma Hulihan showed up to the airport (when you could see someone off at their terminal) decked out in green hats and necklaces. Ever since then, it's had a special place in my heart. 

Last night some women got together at Kneaders to celebrate a birthday. It was lots of fun and afterwards we went to local grocery store- along with quite a few others- to stock up on green, gold and rainbow treats the leprechauns could leave in the traps our little kids have made. Here, it as an assignment in third grade to build a trap. We've never done it before but Asher had his out that night- waiting by the front door. 

This morning he found the trap sprung, candy inside but no leprechaun. 

Josh had a video interview with BYU today and will find out within the week if he gets a callback. Aaahhh! Cross your lucky toes for us! Happy Leprechaun Day (that's what the kids say)!

Comments