Summer Update!



**Happy (Late) Birthday to my younger sister Amy! Love you!**

I went to the Drs. today and he asked me what I did for myself. I replied that I swim (the pool is warm enough to swim in the morning) and do yoga (sometimes) and blog. Then, I remembered that I needed to blog!

Since I last blogged:


 
-Declan has slept through the night! (until 5 am) 4 times! He's on a roll and it's been lovely to get longer stretches of sleep!

-He also mostly puts himself to sleep. Sometimes I hold him until he's pretty drowsy and then put him down, but he sleeps pretty well
 
-He turns 8 weeks tomorrow! I went to my 6 week check up last week and everything is fine! The nurse said that she met another Declan four years ago and his twin sister was named Ireland.
what sisters teach brothers!
 
-The kids have been out of school for 2 weeks! I'm not gonna lie- it's been kinda hard having them home and not being to nap whenever I want/need to. On top of that, I was having some weird side effects with my medicine- strange dreams, being depressed and energetic all in one day, etc. My medicine also makes me lose weight, which added with nursing has gotten me back into my normal clothes quickly! I tried to take less of it, but the plan now is to take more and see how that goes! *Fingers crossed!

-My twin sister Molly and her family visited California last weekend and we decided on the spur of the moment (like the Wednesday before) to go and see them. We spent a day driving, a lovely day at the beach, a day walking around Santa Barbara and then driving home. We really wanted to see family in Paso, but didn't have to add an extra day since the boys had Scout Camp on Tuesday. *pics to follow!

-Ethan and Jonah had a 3 day Scout Camp up at Heard Pueblo in Phoenix and had a great time! (It was 2-10 pm every day!). They enjoyed long fights with squirt bottles (it was so hot they had to stay wet all the time), swimming and the boys even learned how to shoot bb guns and archery. Josh went and chaperoned one day. They had an absolute blast! *pics to follow!

-Elizabeth has started a dance class- Jazz- and loves it. It's great for her to do something social this summer, even though it means me driving around more.

And that's it for now. Gotta go pick up the boys from a pool party! Loving Arizona (despite the heat), loving my little almost-2-month old and loving my kids home (despite the arguments and lack of sleep!).
 


 

 

 

Comments