Summer is Almost Here!

The kid's last day of school is on Thursday! Summer is almost here! I have to say that I have mixed emotions for summer. I am excited for the kids to be home so that I can spend more time with them. They are a fun bunch and I really enjoy being with them and getting to know them better while making good, fun memories.

But, I also have a newborn. Who doesn't lreally ike his carseat and needs to eat almost every 2 hours.

In the past, we have had the kids do Centers- a reading center, a writing center, a computer center and a Mom center.

This year I got some ideas from the Power of Moms Summer Survival Kit.

We'll still have them do some reading and some writing but we will add chores to the mix and an extra activity that they get to choose- art, typing, etc.

This year, they will get to earn money for each day they complete their must dos and then they will use that money for a fun trip at the end of the summer- a local water park or whatever they decide they want to do.

I like this because I'm not just handing them money- they will save up for a big thing that I would like to do anyways.

We are also going to do a theme each day:

Make it Monday- Where we build with legos or make a craft (off of Pinterest).
Trip Tuesday- Field Trip Day to somewhere different and fun- lunch w/ Dad or a new library.
Wet Wednesday- Something with water- a visit to a new pool, water balloons, etc.
Theater/or Thinking Thursday- We have tickets to see a dollar movie each week and then we will head to the Library in the afternoon and learn something new. Or maybe just one of those.
Friend Friday- The kids can invite a friend over to play or swim on this day.

We're also doing swimming lessons and maybe a trip up to Bear Lake!

I'm excited! It will be new, it will be challenging. But, it will be good. Bring it on, Summer!

And just for fun- here are some more recent pictures of Declan:










Comments

I love the themes for your days too! Makes summer fun and easier to plan! Hopefully if all goes as planned we can join you for some of those (; Cute Baby pics too! aww!