Two Things: Last Year and This Year

So far this week, I have locked my car keys in the car in the parking lot of Wal-mart (only to discover the fact after I did a weeks worth of shopping) and tripped off the curb in front of the library and twisted my ankle. Yep, pregnancy does great things to my brain and my sense of balance!

Whenever I sub at the school lately, people ask me how I am feeling. Fine, I tell them! Which is true- thankfully! I still get a lot of comments on how small my belly is. Last night at the PTSO meeting, I got these "I look like you when I am 2 months along!" and "I look like you right now!"My shirt was pretty baggy, so I think I'll have to wear something more form fitting from now on!

Two things that I wanted to share on this post.

1) A Few Pics of the Year. My netbook died, causing all pictures to be loaded onto disc keys and so I won't do any long, end of the year Review Posts this year. 

Last Year- 2013- was Amazing! We found out that we are expecting a Little Bean, the kids excelled in school, Elizabeth started playing the clarinet, Josh's conferences were a hit, lots of family came to visit, I had a wonderful, long term sub job, we had an superb, awesome Abbott family Reunion in California, we bought a new van (and a tiny car as well), and my sister Kelsy got married in the Temple (with the whole family in the Temple all at once! Amazing!). 





2) My Word(s) of the Year: 2014:

Humble. Teacher.
Obedient. Healer.

With this most recent event of twisting my ankle (and missing a fun ASU event tonight!), I am on my way already to learn more about Humility (maybe I shouldn't have picked that word ;)!

This will be an exciting year for us- a new baby! A summer vacation to Bear Lake (hoping!)! Bike Rides, trying out more Yoga, watching my children grow and learn more and more each day! Working in the Young Womens! The Gilbert Temple Open House, the Youth Cultural Celebration I get to help out with and the Temple Dedication! Family Visiting! New books to read and explore. New classes to substitute teach in. New sports and hobbies for my children to try out (currently Ethan and Jonah are doing basketball and LOVE it! Asher is doing an art class soon as well). Life is Good! Very, very Good!

I know there will be some trials sprinkled in there as well. I don't know what they will be yet- but I am hoping that by being more HUMBLE and OBEDIENT, I will learn all that I can from them!

First step, what should I learn from this twisted ankle? 

Comments

Amy said…
I love this post! Yeah, don't ever choose the word humble :) You deserve many many blessings, and I can't wait to meet the blessing you will push out of your body! :) Love you!
Amy