Once Upon a Dream

 
 Asher and a Playdough Monster


 Good Valentine Reads

Upon Awakening
The Dream
Still clings
Like the
Lingering smell
Of Garlic and Onion
Or like an old sweater,
Worn and tattered.
I try to shake
The smell,
The fell,
The taste
But it stays
Past noon.

-I've been busy- subbing in 2nd grade for a teacher who went home with a sore throat and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. She e-mailed her sub plans from her i-phone (go technology!) each night to another team teacher and I would get them 5-7 minutes before class started. I would prep for until recess and at recess I would prep for until lunch and at lunch I would prep until the end of the day. Luckily her class was super good and made it pretty easy for me. Today they were going on a field trip and I was slated to go, but am now staying home with Jonah who may have Strep Throat. I'm learning to be oh so flexible as a sub!

-Valentines Day is actually my favorite Holiday, although Christmas comes in as a very close second. We wrote things we loved about each other on hearts for Family Home Evening and plastered them on the cupboards.

-Yesterday Asher had a friend over that used to live in our home. They bought it in 1999 and lived there until 2009 until when they moved. The Mom told me about her Brother-in-law that laid our tile, about putting in the pool, etc. What a funny coincidence! When I told her our address, she said "That's my house!"

-God works in my wonderful ways. I see it everyday and I am so thankful for His Hand in my life, whether it be blessing me with a sub job when we really need it; a beautiful, soft sunrise when I've been up with the kids or just a really good meal or a chat with a friend. I am so thankful for Him and all that He has given to me in my life: my Health, my kids, my husband, a safe home, cars(!) that work, friends and family. His Tender Mercies surround us if we will just look!


-Happy Friday! What are you doing this weekend?

Comments