My Hopes and Dreams 2013



My sister had a great idea for New Years Resolutions for 2013. Normally I make a few resolutions for the year in 5 categories- Spiritual, Emotional, Physical, Social, and Mental. This year I'ld like to also combine those into 13 things I would like to do in 2013.

1. Have a Foster baby/toddler in our home. We went to the Foster/Adoption orientation last December so it's been a year since we started this whole process. We're excited to start working on it again and help a child in need (end of March/April).

2. Attend as many Book Club Meetings as I can/read the books. Sometimes in summer, I get too busy to read and miss out on our meetings. I hope to keep going all year long!

3. Attend Adult Institute class for our Church weekly/when I have an open day. Our Church does a weekly class for adults and it's team taught by one of my friends so I would like to make it every chance I get.

4. Run a 5k (already signed up for the Mayor's Ostrich 5k Mar. 2 in Chandler, AZ). I want to keep running and races are the way to keep me motivated.

5. Listen to my kids/Be There. I often do lots of things at once and my to do list often takes a priority to what the kids are saying/want to do/etc. i.e: jumping on the trampoline with them, reading to them, listening to their stories.

6. Playing the Piano at least 5 times a week. I used to not play the piano very much, but since playing for the Choir, I've noticed it really helps me be calm and happier.

7. Take time to read to Asher (and all the kids) as often as I can.

8. Stay within our budget and use the cash envelope system more consistently.

9. Have a couple Girls Night Ins with Elizabeth: paint nails, chat, etc.

10. Print out my pictures more often and get them in their albums.

11. Pray for a chance to serve someone daily as much as possible.

12. Attend the Temple twice a month for as long as I can/ do extra Family History work.

13. Tell Josh I love him more often than I do.

We'll see how this goes!


Comments