Halloween!


 My favorite   of all time (besides TJs)        Eatable playdough made with pb, honey and                                                                                         powdered sugar.
It's 3 weeks until Halloween! Are you prepared? My kids all have their costume ideas. They got them right away and I don't mind sharing- Elizabeth wants to be a demeantor from Harry Potter (what happened to dressing her up as a princess or fairy? I even bought matching Egytian dresses last year. No go. Does anyone need one?) Jonah wants to be Harry and Asher Ron. I will have to do some hair dying for those ones! Ethan wants to be a giant m & m. Kind of a funny mix, huh? Whatever they want! We'll see if it changes!

Josh is growing a beard again so he will use it as part of his costume (as a farmer? a hipster?- any ideas where to get used, cheap hipster clothes?)

Little known fact about me- I love wearing fake eyelashes for Halloween. I started when Asher was a baby with hot pink ones and the kids thought it was so weird, that I kept doing it. I have 3 or 4 sets and Target and Walmart have great choices this year! Even lace ones. Love it!

We've made glowing ghost laterns out of milk cartons from familyfun.com, we made pumpkins out of salt clay and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I came home from the Relief Society Women's Conference to find that Sadie had eaten about 10 of them. Phew! I had to make another batch (I'll have to post the recipe).

Fall is my very favorite time of year. Besides Christmas and Valentines, oh, and Easter!

General Conference was amazing. I loved the talks that spoke on listening to the promptings of our heart and the Spirit and following them. I also loved the ones that spoke on Service and how everyday we should pray for opportunities to serve. I'm trying to do that, how about you?

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps- If you still need a place to find the lastest Downton Abbey go to utahsweetsavings.com and search Downton Abbey. I loved, loved episode three and ep. 4 is up already! What new romances will pop up? What's in the future for Downton?

pps. Here is a link to Mitt's Healthcare plan that focuses on giving the States regulation instead of Federal regulation, in case you want to read more. Go Mitt! He did an amazing job on the last debate and we're excited for the next one on next Tuesday the 16th (and the vice Presidential on Thursday the 11th)

ppps. If you need something funny to watch on youtube, Divine Comedy is hilarious! Here ya go.

Comments

Ellen said…
Isn't it funny how our kids can surprise us with what they want for Halloween? Anna is going to be a witch which I never would have guessed.
Missa said…
Hannah wants to be Cleopatra's ghost, so we could use an adult size Egyptian costume. Maggie is going to be a bug of some kind. Sophie wants to be Hermione--because she wants her own cape. Caleb can't decide--ninja, cowboy, Calvin and Hobbes. Katrina is going to be a fairy godmother butterfly princess--a hodgepodge of costumes from the box.
Unknown said…
yeah first week of cool weather here too and I LOVE it! WE are doing Halloween pics this week with the cute kids! I love Halloween photos!