On blogging.

 Peeta's Cheesy Rolls. I made them! They were yummy! Not as good as on Pinterest, but that's okay!

I've been a little sad lately that my blog isn't what, in my dreams of dreams, it would be. It's not Best Bites. It's not Marta Writes (hey, that rhymes!). It doesn't get comments. And that's okay.

I've thought about stopping it. And doing something else with my time. Like crocheting (if I can ever find my crochet project- why, oh why, was there not a box labeled "crochet" when we moved and my nice little project tucked inside? I finally found my favorite pink bathroom in a bag labeled "Winter Coats"- who in the world was packing? Next time we move I'm paying professionals to come help us organize and pack.)

But, today after reading a sweet, sweet birthday post, I've decided to keep this little blog of mine and just write. Me. And my thoughts. It doesn't matter if anyone reads it. I'll be writing just for the joy of taping the keys, posting a few pics and seeing my words pop out on the screen. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays.

 And now a little story:

Often my boys wake up at night with scary dreams. Especially when they've read a scary book  (Goosebumps) or have seen a scarier movie (one with Pirates). I usually go in, say a prayer with them, rub their back, sing a short song and if all else fails, send Sadie the Black Dog in to keep them company so I can go back to bed (thank you Sadie! Ethan hates being awake when no one else is).

So, last night, in my deep slumber, I was awakened by a loud sound. I waited to see what it was (was it a falling book/picture/etc?). When I hear "MOM!" I know it's legit and I head to the boys' room. There I find Ethan with the standard "I can't sleep, I had a scary dream." I issue the standard "Let's say a prayer."

And then something happened that was not so standard. Ethan started saying the prayer. He said the words I usually say, nothing new, but it was coming from HIM. My Mother heart was touched and I was glad that I was the one that got up, that was able to be there and to share that experience with him. The experience of saying a prayer when you need it.

I may have to start playing soft music for them in bed- I've heard it helps.

This is my b.l.o.g. My name is Megan Rose.

Comments

kristen said…
I'm sorry I don't comment. I love to read. I would be sad if you stopped like me.
Unknown said…
Woo-hoo! Yes keep writing but just as importantly save your blog posts in another document - I do that and have my blog journal so if anything happened to the blog or if 100 years from now someone in my generation wants to read my thoughts they can. Remember it is a journal and that is what we are counselled to do as well so so many good reasons to keep one! I love having your blog to be one to depend on that I can always read and is up to date (;
Unknown said…
PS I made those rolls too (I think after you pinned them) yeah they were good but not mind boggling (;
Boo said…
*like*

Thank you for sharing that sweet story about Ethan.
Hilary said…
i read & love your blog too! i read several at a time b/c the new ones don't show up on my blog like the others do. i mostly write my blog for dave and our kids. my boys love it and read it all the time, especially old ones. i think it's a great way to journal and organize my photos.