On Fostering



Our road to Foster Care has been Amazing. It's been long and it will be longer still. It's had it's bumps and twists: when babysitters couldn't make it or when Josh had a business meeting during the adoption class. We started on this road with a desire to adopt. I had been thinking adoption for a while, but at some point, during the orientation, the speaker spoke on foster care and my heart told me yes!

It took awhile to get Josh on board, and we didn't even have a job when we took the orientation class. But it all (the job and Josh and my desire) finally lined up. Oh, how I hope we can foster. It's been a little touch and go. Elizabeth got diagnosed with Depression and started therapy and Dr. visits. I have my own issues to deal with. We've wondered if we have too much on our plate as it is. But, I oh so hope this can happen.

I want to be there for someone. I want to make a difference. It's more than just having a baby in the home (although that is nice too). It's about being a stable influence in their lives- someone who will feed them regularly, love them often, and meet their needs as much as possible.

I want to be there for them physically, emotionally, spiritually. I am not perfect. Way beyond it actually. Our family is not perfect. But, we have love and that is something that can definitely be shared.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

-Back to packing. Two more days!

Comments