Found Treasures

I was cleaning under my bed the other day, getting ready to pack things up, when I came upon these dusty cute 6 month old pictures of Ethan and Jonah. So cute! I miss those cute little chubby baby faces! Look at the drool on Jonah!
Several years ago, my sister Molly gave me a frame. I thought it was just a frame when I opened it, so I didn't open it right away. A little later, I opened it and realized it was filled with fun pictures of us as twins. Look at that chubby twin picture at the right! Isn't it awesome that I am a twin and I get to have twins? I always use that when I have to say something interesting about myself.

Hello, DAVID Sunflower seeds, why did I forget you in my nightstand?! You make my mouth tingle from the salt but I love you anyways (and yes, I eat sparingly because I can't handle too much salt!)

HELLO Abbotts circa 2003. This picture was taken in Wyoming if I remember correctly. Josh has 9 kids in his family and each family chose to wear a different color. Some wore blue, some wore black and some wore Hawaiian. By the time they got to us, most of the colors were taken so we went with tie dye! Josh was hesitant to wear tye dye- being the serious lawyer type that he is. I am working on him!

Check out that family! Elizabeth is waving hi!

Sometimes it's good to remember your Alma Mater! Go Cougars!

I found this picture was found this dusty picture under our bed. I need to find a place for it in our new home! On Aug. 4th, we'll celebrate 11 years together!

It's been fun finding new things as I pack. I have a huge box filled with things to go to Goodwill (no yard sale for me- it's way too hot in the morning already!). I love getting rid of things and moving on. It's equal parts exciting and sad.

As I've been sorting through my junk, I've been sorting through my emotional junk as well. As I was walking at the mall the other day, and pouring my heart out to Heavenly Father as usual at times about wanting another baby, I decided to change my prayer. I've done this a few times before, but this time it was different.

This time I asked Heavenly Father for understanding. Understanding to know why I love babies so much and why I have this undying, unceasing craving to hold a little one and to be around these sweet spirits. And I asked that once I knew why- whether it be foster care, volunteering at a shelter or having our own, that those purposes could be brought to pass. As I walked past the Orange Julius sign and Abercrombie and Fitch, I felt the dust being wiped off and my spirit was lighter, cleaner and a little bit shinier. At the mall.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

kristen said…
Looking at that Abbott family picture I can't believe that none of us chose yellow, orange, purple, turquoise,or so many other great colors! What were we thinking??? Why did we think we were out of colors and had to go with black, Hawaiian and tye-dye? Was it just too difficult for us to find the colors we wanted in everyone's sizes? At least I was pregnant, so I have some excuse for not thinking clearly... and I can't believe we took a family picture three days before I had baby Peter. so many things to wonder about here.
kristen said…
beautiful wedding picture
Ellen said…
And why we took the picture when people were sick.

That picture of Ethan looks a lot like Brian to me. Jonah not so much (ironically).