Summer Goals


First swim of the summer- at a public pool! Ethan went off the diving board, although I had to go with him! and all 3 boys went down the water slides! Fun!

Before all the kids ended school and came home for the summer, I made it a goal to attend the Temple once a week in May. At one time I had to go on a Saturday morning, but I made my goal! once a sweet worker in the intiatory kindly thanked me for coming so often. She also said I am a lot taller than I seem sitting down.That made my day.

On my latest visit, I opened the scriptures and began reading D&C 4. As I read, I knew that Heavenly Father was speaking to me- telling me that I am qualified to be my children's teacher, Mother and Guardian this summer and telling me how to do it.

So, my theme for this summer is D&C 4 verses 5 through 7. I am going to post them on my fridge and read it when I need a special reminder to be kind and loving while the boys are fighting over one single toy. (At 9 am Friday morning, Ethan had already proclaimed that he was bored! Oy!)

On Friday we did our first lemonade stand ever 9at the request of the kids- they are trying to earn money for a grill! ;) ) and while we only had a few carloads of customers, we made $3.75 and it was a ton of fun! It was hard work, but it was nice to get the kids out of the house! It was super cool- 81 degrees on Saturday- which felt like 65 degrees in Maryland and it was welcome after a very HOT week! We bought a season swim pass at the local Jr. High Pool and went swimming. The kids didn't last too long, but it was a good preview of the summer to come. Here is the scripture in D & C:


“And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.”

D&C 4:5-7

I need to ask for faith, patience and understanding as I try to parent my children in the best way possible. Happy start of summer (for those in Arizona!).

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
Have you made a summer jar or summer list yet? GO to pinterest and search Summer TO do - here is a good one too http://pinterest.com/pin/48624870947082617/