The Boys' 8th Birthday!

Jonah, trying out some Monster Feet!

Ethan

Presents- thank you!

First of all, Happy 5th Birthday to our niece Shayla Marie Nelson! Happy Birthday!

Second of all, the boys had an awesome 8th birthday! The next morning I overheard Jonah sigh and say to Asher "What a great birthday!" Of course, later that day they both- at different times- had a meltdown because all of the excitement was over.

We started off the day opening one present- a fun pair of monster feet! The boys loved them and Elizabeth and Asher tried them on too! Asher loved walking up the stairs with them.

For breakfast we had banana muffins as requested by the boys. When asking them what they wanted for breakfast/lunch/dinner it was mostly Ethan saying what he wanted and Jonah agreeing. Usually I'll have them both pick a dinner, but since they agreed I went with it. For lunch Jonah had a BLT at school and Ethan bought school lunch.

I was subbing that day and got to sub for Jonah's teacher! It was lots of fun and I invited both boys and a few friends to have lunch with me in Jonah's class. I also brought in popsicles for the class treat, although it was tricky making sure both classes got them. We're shooting for a class together for the boys next year- at my request and theirs. We'll see how that one goes!

I also had the class sing Happy Birthday to Jonah, but he just put his head down on the desk and cried. I went over to see what was happening and he told me he had hurt his hip just before he sat down. He must have pulled a joint muscle or something. We finished singing, I handed out the Popsicles and sent everyone out to recess- even though it was 108 degrees and quite a few said that they did NOT want to go out. He calmed down, had a Popsicle and eventually was able to make it to PE later. Weird.

cake!

Waiting for dinner- great weather!

This picture is blurry, but I love the smile on Jonah's face!

For Dinner, we sat outside on our new picnic table (thanks, Josh!) and had hot wings and pizza (again per their request). We did a moose pinata left over from an after-Christmas sale (this led the boys to call it a mixed-up birthday since we had monster decorations as well). The pinata was a highlight of the party and they LOVED it! Sadie did too (trying to catch left over candy). We had cakes topped with mini donuts and opened presents. The boys got a very cool robot and way awesome car from Grandma Abbott- she always sends the greatest stuff- and roller blades from Mom and Dad. It turns out the blades have a 3 size option and all 4 kids take turns using them. I love it since it gets them out of the house and away from the tv. So far only a few scrapes! They also got hex bugs, which are really cool, a pull- flying airplane and a transformer.






Ethan had been looking in my closet where I kept the presents. He knew about most of them, but he didn't know what these were so this is his look of surprise!

What a great birthday! Now we look forward to their baptism on June 9th. Ethan said the other day "How many days until my baptism?" Their counting down! And one more day until school is out!

Happy Birthday, Ethan and Jonah!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

**I almost forgot- after school I took them to Toys R Us to spend their birthday money. Not a good idea. They kept wanting a few things that I already had gotten them and I had to say "I might have gotten you that." No shopping before presents opening!

Comments