Dr. Seuss' Birthday!

Freestone Park, Gilbert, Arizona

Last night, over a dinner of french toast topped with strawberries and powdered sugar (Josh was gone, so dinner was simple), Asher turned to me and asked "Mom, are we celebrating Dr. Seuss' Birthday tomorrow?"

"Sure!" I responded.

"Oh, good!" he said "We'll have the cake right after dinner!"

I guess I'm making a cake today. Which is okay with me since Josh's car is in the shop and he took mine today. Already I've vacuumed the whole house, made said cake (it's yet to be decorated in more strawberries and cream), walked Sadie, read the newspaper, dusted and did two loads of laundry. On the schedule for later today is matching socks, unloading the dishwasher and walking to pick the kids up from school. Good thing it's date night tonight! In N Out and a show at the local observatory. Did you know that Arizona has such clear skies it is home to 14 different observatories? This will be our first visit and I'm excited!

Also, did you know Google has an app where you can point your phone at the sky and it will show you what constellations are above you? Wow!

Tomorrow will either be a trip to the snow for us, or a day full of hitting the yard sales. We'll see how much energy we both have! Happy Weekend!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Amy said…
Fun! I really liked your post on Spain, too. It's so pretty! I hope you have a great weekend! Love ya!