Sisters!

My Sister Larissa has been visiting and it's been marvelous to have her in our home. Last October there was a screaming good deal on airplane tickets to be used in February and March and when I posted it on facebook, she grabbed it up! Her 2 kids- ages almost 2 and 4- are so adorable and my kids love, love them! Mitchell called all the boys "ASHER!" the first day and then switched to "JONAH!" the next day. I guess all of them look very similar. Shayla was thrilled to come visit our 2 pets too- she told her day "They have 2 Sadies!" and she asks to hold Sadie the Snake several times a day.

Since getting Sadie the Dog, Sadie the Snake has been somewhat neglected. We still feed her and give her fresh water and bedding and sometimes hold her (mostly when friends are over) but for the most part, we let her be. I would regret it, but she's a snake and I'm sure she likes it.

Yesterday we went to Joe's Farm Grill (pictures to come) for brunch. I had the most divine waffle with butter and syrup and 3 pieces of bacon. Shayla had her fav- pancakes (and bacon) and Larissa had an awesome omelet made with fresh eggs and filled with fresh veggies (asparagus, etc.) and we all shared their fresh apple fritters. Between that and making cake batter truffles for an all chocolate party for the boys, I probably gained 5 pounds! Afterwards we went to the dog park (with no dog!) and ran down hills and played on the swings! Those kids have such energy! Shay Shay climbed up a huge set of stairs- twice!

That afternoon Elizabeth had Activity Days for Church, where they made cute heart pillows, and I took the boys to a Mothers and Sons all chocolate party. We had a great time and came home stuffed from chocolate guessing games, a chocolate buffet, chocolate fountain and take home goodies. What a great idea! Leaving there, I decided that I wanted to buy a home in that development. Upon looking online at the price range, the idea was immediately nixed. Oh, well. I would much rather have Josh home that a dream home without him!

Yay for Sisters! Pictures to come! Off to craft with Shayla!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
The kids loved everything about the trip! Thanks for sharing your town and home!