Funny Kids Sayings



It's been SOOOO HOT lately! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we saw 95-99 degrees of heat. Plus humidity. We were dying. You couldn't even be outside for more than five minutes without breaking into a sweat and needing to seek shelter.

This morning a cool breeze broke the heat and a cool 85 without any humidity has been marvelous.

Yesterday, since it was so incredibly hot, I took the kids to get slurpees at 7 Eleven. That's the first time I've taken all 4 before. I've taken them by themselves for one-on-one time, but never all four. It was messy, but worth it.

On the way over Asher said:

"We're going to get slinkies."

"Slurpies. We're going to get slurpies." corrected Elizabeth

"Sloopies?" asked Asher

"No, slurpies."

I can see how it's hard to know how to say words when you can't read so you can't sound out each letter and put the word together.

When we came home, each of us choosing a half red and half blue mixture- because it's fun to mix those colors- Asher said "Mine looks like Roop Beer."

I listened to it a few times to see if I was really hearing corrrectly and then said "Oh, it looks like Root Beer?" "Yes. Root beer." He replied.

I don't really like to correct my kids when they say something wrong. I think it's cute and I know that once they know the right word they will use it all the time and be so much more grown up. Why do kids have to grow up so fast? Seriously. I never knew that the time I would spent picking up after two toddlers over and over again would end. When you are in the middle of it, it seems like forever.

Today I spoke to a Professional Photographer and we started talking a little about photography. He encouraged me to use my 50 mm lens, which I've been wanting to but have been scared of. He said it's all he really uses for portraits. So, up close and personal shots- here I come!

Oh, and Jonah had a homework assignment where he had to write what he liked about math. Guess what he finally put down, after a few tears? "I like rounding because it is easy." What a funny kid!

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

p.s.- Check me out today at Mormon Mommy Blogs!

Comments

Kelsy said…
Haha, cute Asher! Oh, and congrats for being on that mormon mom site, that is pretty neat!
Missa said…
It's pretty impressive that Jonah thinks rounding is easy. Some of my kids really struggle with it. It's not a very concrete concept. You know: 1+1=2 you can see with concrete objects. How can you show rounding? Good for him!