Memorial Day 2011


On Memorial Day I spent the morning running. It was a run to support recovery for those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol in Olney, MD. I had a great time. It was hot. It was humid. I was done with 1/2 mile to go, but I made it. 35:51 minutes for 3.1 miles. Josh and the kids were very supportive. Who wouldn't want someone to cheering for you and yelling your name? I know I would!



This is me and the kids after the race. See that smile on my face? That's my fake smile. I really was thinking "I gotta sit down!" I lost my training schedule the last few weeks so I kinda just played it by ear- not being really serious. Not the best idea in the world!



And here's me pouring water on the kids since they insisted. It was so hot! 94 degrees with lots of humidity. I had so much sweat pouring off my face it stung my eyes. That didn't even happen on the July 4th race where it was 100 degrees. It's all about the humidity and you can't predict how humid it will be at all.

Overall, I met some neat new people and got a good run in. I loved it! What a great way to spend Memorial Day! And after wards, we hit Olney Toy Store to spend some of the boys birthday money and then Cafe Rio. It was 10:30 am but it still tasted SOOO good! Hope your Memorial Day was Memorable!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Mmmm...Cafe Rio! Go Meg! You are looking super fit!
Jen said…
Wow, go Megan! You're way tough!