Cafe Rio!


This afternoon Asher and I trekked it out to Olney, Maryland, a good 25 minute drive from here, to hit Cafe Rio- a fabulous Mexican Restaurant we loved in Utah. A month ago we found out from a friend on facebook that it would be opening and I have been excited to go ever since. I was supposed to meet some friends/Visiting Teachees there but they both have little ones that needed naps in the middle of the afternoon and since I don't, we picked up and drove out there.


It was Fabulous!!! I got the pork barbaqoua burrito with black beans and mild sauce, enchilada style and had some fabulous lemonade type of drink. Whenever someone said it was their first time the workers would yell "First Timer!". For a Utah based business, there were a lot of first timers. Asher said "This town is loud." It was made to look like a town in Mexico with roof tops and hanging lights.

A few shops down was a toy store, kind of like the boutique toy store in San Luis, and we bought a toy for Ethan for his birthday. I couldn't resist! Plus, they wrap for free. Asher was a little sad it wasn't for him, but when he saw that I picked up a free catalog he was happy once again.

A fun afternoon!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Jen said…
Cafe Rio was a favorite at work--we'd always go there for lunch.
Unknown said…
what a special afternoon with Asher!