Test Drive!




Today I got to test drive my favorite car- the Mazda Miata. It was amazing! The three older kids were in school and Asher was at preschool and I had an open morning- which I hardly ever have! After practicing the organ a bit, stopping home to grab some library books to return and clean our bathroom, I headed on over to our local Mazda dealership. I got out and was a little nervous- I've never test driven a sports car before! I started looking at one and a dealer came up and got me all set up! I was hoping to take it out by myself but after he showed me all the features of a new 2011 Miata I knew he would be coming with me. Which was fine.

We put the top down, took it down the street, onto the Freeway and back.

Pure Joy. Not the kind of joy being a Mother gives me- but a pure thrill, driving down the open road with wind in my hair. I have loved Mazda Miatas since I was 10 years old and have a Mazda Miata fund to save up for one- one day!

I have decided that it's a California car. I'm from California, so as we took the freeway I looked to my left to see a grand expanse of ocean. All I saw was green trees. No salty ocean smell, no breeze coming off of the ocean. But even without the California scenery, this ride was pretty sweet. What a day!

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

Comments

Joanie said…
Feed the dream, girl! What a cute thing for you to do-so spontaneous and joyful. I have a feeling one day, you will be in some kind of convertible (maybe even a pink one since you love pink) going down PCH with your hair blowing in the salt spray air off the ocean...maybe after the last kid graduates from college!
Awesome, Meg! Did you get to drive? Was it red? How fun! And ditto to mom--feed the dream, girl! Love you!
Mrs Abbott said…
I did get to drive! It has tons of horse power, great stopping ability and drove like a dream. Wahooo! Maybe I can afford the 2011 model in 2025! hee hee