Fun kids games, part II


Ethan is my funniest sleeper of all. I found him like this one night. Sometimes he has four blankets on and sometimes doesn't even have a shirt on. So funny.

Last night was family night. We gathered together and had a prayer, song, lesson ( a re-enactment of King Benjamin's speech from the Book of Mormon- our kids love acting things out), a game and a treat (nothing fancy- just ice cream with vanilla wafers but the kids loved it). We had a good time, although sometimes people are grumpy and fussy and on a few occasions someone has been sent to their room. For the game, Elizabeth picked the "Water game", a game passed down from my family when we did family nights together growing up. My Mom loves this game. We all dreaded it, but now we play it at least once a month.

The water game includes just a cup, a spoon, some water and a group of people (friends, family, etc). One person is it and they decide what the topic is- usually a favorite food, animal, game, etc. and everyone has to guess what it is. The person who guesses it right gets splashed with water. You can try not to get wet by guessing random things, but everyone usually likes to be the one to get it right. Asher used to be scared of the game and wouldn't play it. Now he does.

Last night it was Ethan's turn and he picked "my favorite place to be be."
Everyone was guessing: Chuck E Cheese? (that came up twice!), school, the park, at home, Chocolate World (aka Hershey land).

Finally, I said "Give us a clue." He replied "Guys, it's somewhere reverent." And we knew. It was the temple.

Josh and I exchanged one of those looks. One of those proud Parent moments. He is really growing up. Plus, the night before, after family scripture study he asked to take his Book of Mormon to bed and stayed up reading it. He got to page 4 he reported the next day.

And I knew. It was a story for the blog. And it made my Mother heart so happy.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
Loved loved loved this post, Meg!
Ah, the water game! Ah, the temple. Dad and I were just at the San Diego temple today...so so absolutely breathtakingly beautiful outside and inside. Love, Mom
Unknown said…
that is so precious!