Sick!

Saturday afternoon I came home after a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese that Elizabeth was invited to. And I became sick. I couldn't eat at all and we had a big night planned of dinner and a movie with a babysitter already lined up.

We canceled and I spent the evening on the couch watching Where the Red Fern grows with the kids and eating popcorn (I did manage to eat that finally!). And you know what, being there with all my kids around me and crying at the sad parts together, it was worth every moment of being sick. Almost!

I drifted to sleep after the movie ended at 7pm and finally woke up around 11:15 am the next morning (with a few wake-ups inbetween). All Sunday I laid in bed, reading, drinking and doing a lot of thinking about my life. As Josh and I went to bed that night he was not at all surprised at the things I concluded. He usually never is. He knows me too well.

So, today I am up and feeling better and while I'm not going to run a good 2 miles today, I am taking things slow and am loving the simple things of life: buttered toast- so good, ginger ale, dropping my kids all off at school and having a quiet house, cross-stitching, and maybe another movie. On a Monday, even! Because life is too short. Period. We all need a sick day. Even if it doesn't feel so good!

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Agreed! Isn't it sad that being sick is usually the only thing that forces us to sit down and relax? Hope you feel better soon! Love ya!
Douglas Smith said…
You're right Megan. I think I need a sick day (month) without really being sick that is. No vacation etc, just time to relax, relax, sleep, have fun, do whatever .... hmm. I feel good just thinking about it!

¡Mejórate querida! Te amo, ♥