Funny Kid Sayings, part XXIII


Asher, stuffing his mouth with Christmas candy!

Asher has been heard to say lately:

"When I yawn, it's like a wind storm in my mouth."

Ethan was reading a book to me and my hand was covering part of the page. Asher, who always like to listen along, said "Your hand is blocking those reading thingies."

"Those are words, Asher." I replied.

Elizabeth, who is in 2nd grade also added: "It's text, Mom. Text."

Phew. First of all, I was a third grade teacher and my 4 yr old doesn't even know the term "word" for the written print on the page. Second of all, Elizabeth has been doing a little too much TN2 (a test 2nd graders in Maryland take) Prep. Sheesh.

Also, what do you guys think of the "My baby can read" program?

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

The Kelseys said…
I bought the program around Thanksgiving and Easton kind of likes it. You're supposed to play the same DVD for a whole month (twice a day) before showing another one. Easton likes it the first few times but then starts complaining that he doesn't want to watch it again. He wants to watch something else. Blair's too busy to sit still long enough to watch it (unless we're in the car and she has no other choice. I have noticed that when she does watch, it does help with her vocabulary. Both kids like the songs though. Easton's not really a fan of the books either which is weird since he loves books. I think he prefers stories not just words (if that makes sense). I have to admit I haven't been that consistent with it and it hasn't been that long so I don't know how well it works. If I notice it working then I will let you know.
Unknown said…
Yeah Ahser would be too old for the Baby Reads progam (you are supposed to start at like around 1year I think but it is just repeat so they memorize things so more like memorization vs reading - Try Word Factory or something fun like that and better for his age - cute sayings and glad you are writing them down for history's sake!