Everything is Ice!


We woke up this morning to the classic East Coast frozen rain. I had gotten an e-mail last night with a Winter Weather Advisory so I knew it was coming. There had been an inch of snow and then on top of that, it had rained and all the rain turned to ice. It was like taking a snow ball and putting it in the freezer- having a hard crust of ice on top of everything! Needless to say, school was canceled. Which I was happy about. There would be no sledding in six inches of soft fluffy snow though. There would be going outside and throwing chunks of ice and saying "Everything is ice! This ice throws like a frisbee." Those kids! They would play in anything! I'm glad they're learning about the properties of ice though and I get to read my book. In my pajamas! And drink Stephen's Hot Chocolate and eat German/Big Pancake all morning. Sometimes it's nice not to be commuting to work. I work right from home and love it!

Have I mentioned that we are night-time potty training the boys? They are now six years and eight months old and have been wearing pull ups to bed since they were three. Um, yeah. That's a lot of pull-ups and a lot of money. Although, I am thankful for them and that I don't have to wash their sheets! Elizabeth and Asher have been dry since they were 2 or 3 so it's just them. I think they are heavy sleepers and can't wake up to go. So, we found about a malem alarm that will ring whenever it gets wet. I wake up (ok. I've done this twice but that's okay) take the child, put them in the bathroom, have them go, change everything and go back to sleep. We're working with Ethan first as Jonah thought it felt weird and then we'll move on to Jonah as well. Here's to being pull-up free in a month or two!

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

Comments

Kelsy said…
Good luck with the boys. Good way to stay warm:)