Sick Weekend




So, I spent this weekend sick. That's right, folks. Sick. Didn't I post on Monday that I was sick? I did? Well, yeah, it went away and then came back- with a vengeance! Friday night was all good- we gathered up our four little kiddos and went out for a night on the town. Actually, it was a Football game at the local High School, but it felt like a night on the town! Me, Josh, the kids, getting a good deal on admission, since Watkins Mill El. kids got in free that night. Although I guess no one else thought it was that cool, because we saw about 3 kids from our school there. 3!

So there we found ourselves, sitting pretty close to the band, ten bleachers up, eating Kit Kats that Josh snuck from home from work and trail mix with mini pb cups and candy corn (delish!) and watching the Watkins Mill Wolverines try to pass the ball and make a touchdown.

Josh was busy showing our 3 boys who was who and what was what and everything football. Elizabeth was busy getting her hair done by our ex-babysitter. The girl who graduated from Watkins Mill last year, but is always so busy, she can't babysit for us. Which, is fine- I understand how it is. I was too busy watching the band and having band-o flashbacks to pay attention to the football game.

Did you know I was in band? That's right! I played the clarinet from grades 5th-12th. I even played in the Community Band at BYU- the one you didn't have to go to practices after school for, because after High School, I was so after-school practiced out. That is a blog for another day. My favorite memory of all time was when my Dad came home from the swap meet with a clarinet just for me! How I loved that used clarinet and every time I got it out, I thought of my Dad and how much he loved me because he bought it for me. Phew, anyways.

Josh was in the band too and apparently our bands were a lot bigger and probably a lot better than this band- not dissing it or anything. We looked at each other throughout Half-Time, saying to ourselves. This? This is THE band?

You see, my band had about 100 members and 30 color guard and won awards at every show we went to. We worked our rear ends off to get those awards as well. This band had about 25-30 members and 6-7 color guard. I could count their color guard on my hands.

"Oh, well." I told Josh as we left "I don't have to relive my band memories through our kids anyways." If our kids want to be in band, that's fine. I won't ever, ever tell them how totally awesome my band from H.S. was compared to theirs. Because you know, you really can't compare bands. You just can't .

We got home, put the kids to bed, put an a good war movie (j/k Josh- I loved it!), didn't finish and fell fast asleep. Saturday morning, I was up early, blogging and at a Mothers of Multiples used kids sale at 8:45 am. I scored some Lands End boots for Elizabeth and jeans for her as well, and left having spent my $10 budget. I got home, showered and fell in to bed, exhausted. I slept for two hours and woke up sick.
And still am not feeling so hot. Good thing it was Conference Weekend.

Thank you, Josh, for spending so much time with our little ones, this weekend. For taking them on walks, making them breakfast, lunch and dinner on Sunday. For playing Poptropica with them. And giving them baths. And washing all the dishes from the past three days. You deserve a reward! Or at very least, a break! You can go back to work now- I'll take it from here.

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

p.s. My hubby is growing a beard for Halloween! How cool is that?

Comments