A visit from Uncle David and Aunt Amber!


All growing up we called my brother David, David. Somewhere along the road it got switched to Dave. Probably by some college friends shortening to a quick "Hey, Dave, how are you?" Fast forward several years and Dave meets Amber. They date, get engaged and get married. Amber has mostly known David as Dave, so it stuck. And I'm good with that. I'm just glad it's not Davey. Bleh.

My other brother, Tommy, has always gone by Tommy. Fast forward to when he is a grown man. He reunites with my little sister's best friend, they get married, have several gorgeous kids and he becomes Thomas. I'm gonna have to keep calling him Tommy though. That's who he will always be in my mind- Tommy. I guess if President Thomas S. Monson, of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, was my brother, I would still be calling him Tommy. I think some people still do.


This past week Dave, or David, who is 7 and 1/2 years younger than me and his sweeter-than-anything wife Amber, came to visit us. Actually, they were visiting Amber's sister who lives in Pittsburg (Philadelphia for those from the West who got a B in Geography in College) whose husband is attending dental school at the University there. They so kindly rented a car and drove the fours hour here, stayed the night, and drove four hours back. And brought presents! Wow! Their dedication will be hard to beat!


I was overjoyed to have some company from the West! I enjoy living in the East, but there's nothing like a family visit from Utah to cheer you up. They came at a perfect time that needed a little cheering up itself! The kids were starting school again- which is exciting, yet sad- and Josh is spending tons of time at work, busy with a project that's due soon. I think I've seen him for a couple of hours this whole week so far. Here are some videos I nabbed of Uncle David sword fighting the boys and Amber playing Polly Pockets (who knew they were back??) with Elizabeth. Elizabeth talked non-stop to Aunt Amber. It was a.m.a.z.i.n.g and kind of cute. The boys fell in love with the little lego sets they got and have been playing with them ever since. I told them not to tie them to their helium balloons yesterday and let them fly away though- phew, that was a close one. Thanks for visiting guys- we had a blast!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. Dave, Amber, send me any more pics that you have! This is all I have, plus two videos that won't download!

Comments

Dave said…
We had a blast visiting you! I'm glad my name's not Davey too.