Labor Day Weekend 2010


Ethan


Asher


Elizabeth


Josh and Elizabeth


Me! BYU won this past weekend!

On top of Sugarloaf Mountain: Ethan, Elizabeth, Me, Asher and Jonah

This weekend was a blast! Saturday Josh had to work all day, but I took the kids to the Monarch Butterly Festival at Black Hills Regional park. We went there last year so this may become a yearly tradition. The weather was cooler and windier than last year, but we got to fly Ethan's kite that he got at the dollar store a long time ago. He had fun swooping it up and down and we enjoyed the view of the lake nearby.

On Sunday I went to an amazing Parenting Fireside given by Richard and Linda Eyre. They have 9 kids and have written many books on Parenting, head spear Joy School and have given seminars in over 40 countries across the globe. I learned some amazing things and hope to share those with you later!

Monday, Labor Day, Josh mowed the lawn on very little sleep, while I napped since I had been up very early that morning. What an amazing man I married! He works so hard for our family and I love him for that! After the lawn was clean and beautiful, we packed a lunch and headed North to beautiful Sugarloaf Mountain. It was way crowded, it being Labor Day and all, but we still did a good hike up and down. I got a little winded and couldn't tell if it was the fact that I have mostly taken a break from running since my 5k, or the little sleep I got. I haven't exercised much, since I generally don't sleep much lately, but since my sleep is improving with the help of a little unisom, I'll start running again. Oct. 23rd is the next 5k on my list with my friend Kim- if she's still up to it!

We ended the afternoon with an ice cream social at Church while Josh crashed.

Hope you all had a great one as well.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. Current Reads: Mockingjay- amazing!, An Unquiet Mind- kind of depressing but beautifully written and Bipolar for Dummies- good short bits of how to live healthy with bipolar.

p.p.s I got my hair cut, but put it up for the hike! I love it! Ignore those bags under my eyes! You didn't see them at all!
A short clip of Ethan flying his kite!

Comments