Elizabeth was baptized!!




Elizabeth was baptized last Saturday, Sept. 18th, at 5 pm in the Montgomery Village Ward building. It was beautiful, lovely and wonderful all at the same time. I felt the Spirit very specifically on two separate occasions and will always remember that day with joy and gladness.


As with all big events, there were a few things that went awry, one of those being the fact that the batteries on my camera went dead. I had Josh and Elizabeth lined up in the hallway, to take exact picture that was taken of me and my Dad and Mom and twin sister over twenty four years ago. Josh was dressed in white, Elizabeth was wearing the Abbott family heirloom dress- the dress that Josh's Mom Judy made for their oldest daughter Jen some 30 odd years ago and five other daughters and three granddaughters have gone on to wear as well. It is so cute and classic too, so it was just right for the occassion. Well, back to my story. Josh and Elizabeth were side to side, the boys were goofing off since we had left them alone and my camera went black. Nothing.

Change the batteries, it said. What? I had just changed them yesterday. Luckily for me, Lisee (Josh's cousin- another Elisabeth Abbott- who is 16 years old) came along with her cute little Canon and snapped the shot and many others that day for me. When I get them from her, whenever that may be, they will appear on here pronto. Thanks, Lisee, for saving the day!

Another snafu was the food. I had meant to stop by Sams Club and buy a big box of cookies. Never did. Not sure why. Maybe I can only handle one stop to Sams a week. Maybe I detest those cookies. Who knows? All I know is that I planned on many homemade sugar cookies and chocolate covered strawberries, as requested by Elizabeth, plus cupcakes. What I ended up with were really cute cupcakes, only a meager dozen of temple sugar cookies and nine or ten of the chocolate strawberries as some molded overnight. Alas, Elizabeth didn't get to try one.Thankfully,not a huge crowd showed up since we chose to do it Saturday instead of Sunday, so everyone left fed and happy. We left and continued the celebration at Cici's pizza. Thanks, Elizabeth, for choosing Cici's and not McDonald's!

I did learn an important lesson though. No matter what may go wrong, or what you may planned in your head, it's about the ordinance that matters. As long as you have the proper authority and everything is done well and in order, little things like pictures and food don't really matter. I will always remember the soft words that Elizabeth spoke when she quietly said "I am sooo clean!" and radiated pure joy as she got confirmed a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And I get to do this three more times! What a lucky Mom I am!

And yes, Elizabeth, we will be having chocolate covered strawberries for Family Evening tonight. Just because I love you.

Love, Megan

Comments

Amber said…
This is so sweet, what a great day! (even with a few setbacks!)

Ps. I like your idea of making the strawberries for FHE, a nice way to make up that she didn't get any!
Megan,

your blog cracks me up!!! After knowing how quiet you were in high school (i don't even remember you speaking 2 words!) you have so much to say now :)

So do you truly "talk" this much nowadays, or are you just more comfortable at "writing"?

Either way, i sooo enjoy reading about the Abbott family antics :)