Sick kiddies


taken August 2009



Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you just have to roll with it. Yesterday all 4 kids got sick with a fever of 100-102. They were cranky, then tired, then cold, then hot, then hungry, then thirsty, then throwing a few tantrums, then asleep. It started
at 1 pm yesterday, when we picked up the kids from summer school (oh yeah- they go to summer school from 9-1 pm with free breakfast and lunch in July. It's an option available because our school is a title one school and we like it) and he asked for a blanket. It was 95 degrees outside, with high humidity. I gave it to him and he was happy. Elizabeth came home and said she was cold all day. I checked her head- burning hot! 100 degrees. I gave her tylenol and sent her to bed. I checked Asher. Same. Tylenol and blanket. Ethan? Nothing. Jonah- hot too, but refused thermometer and medicine.

It's sad because Jonah needed the medicine but he was so sick he couldn't think straight. He spit out most of the medicine I gave him. I gave up. They watched a show. Finally, after twenty minutes of discussion, crying, bribing and some threatening, Jonah took some medicine at 5:30 pm. Ethan was hot too- medicine and a blanket. We ate a smallish dinner in front of the tv. I went upstairs to go online and I didn't hear a peep from them for 45 minutes. I came down to see if all was okay and all four were laying/sitting watching the movie in a dazed stupor. That never happens. They often fight about who's sitting where or fight over toys while watching the movie or get hungry and need a snack, etc.

I just got up by Asher and Elizabeth who needed a third dose of medicine. Now I'm up. I won't tell you what time it is! We're having a pajama day tomorrow!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Boo said…
Yucky! What is with all the summer sickness? Our family is just getting over a nasty cold - so nasty it almost felt like the flu. Hopefully everyone will feel better soon.
-MR