Megan Update

I've got to get some pictures off my camera but until then here is a little medical update:

Josh and I would still like to add on to our family. We've prayed about it and feel that the timing is right. So, we've decided for me to go off of the Lithium and Depakote and go from there. Last week I reduced the Lithium from 1200 mg to 600 mg. I reduced my Depakote from 250 mg to just half of that.

It has been a week and I was doing pretty well. I woke up a few times, which is rare for me lately, but other than that I was fine. Yesterday I had a bad day. It was rainy so we couldn't go swimming and we don't have cable. Asher was sick with a fever and wouldn't eat very much. I had to get the oil changed in the Van and it took an hour. I tried to practice the Organ while the kids played in the gym and it was a disaster. Ethan fell down on his bike and scrapped up his knee. Elizabeth turned into a hormonal blob and went to her room two times in tears and anguish. At one time she said to me "You are going to marry facebook." I had just checked my e-mail for a minute. I tried to not take it personally. It was her version of "I hate you." When Ethan karate kicked Jonah in the head, I got mad and raised my voice. I didn't even yell when I felt like it- which is good.

When Josh got home (later than normal) I left right away, on an already planned night out, but I spent more money than I usually do.

Here's hoping that this was just a randomly bad day and not a sign that I need to up my meds again. We'll see how this next week pans out with me on 300 mg of Lithium and no Depakote.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Amber said…
I'm sorry you had such a hard day! Good luck with everything, you are in my prayers!
((((HUGS))) I'm so sorry honey. I hope it was just a bad day and that today/tmw and from here on out is better.

Those bad days catch us off guard. Atleast they do for me. And I have the overwhelming "i'm failing at everything, are my meds not absorbing...again...ect ect" montra.

One day at a time!!

gala
Unknown said…
yucky day! Anyway, what have dr said about how long you should be off meds before you try to get pregnant? I would think you should be off them at least 6-12 months to be sure your body/mind is in balance so that when you do get pregnant you are healthy and don't have to go on any risky meds (: I know you are baby hungry, but think about whats best and you still have a few years or more of baby having years (: