The Secret Life of Bees

You know when you find a book you love and you become completely engrossed in the story line and in the characters and you feel as though you know them and they are your friends? Well, that's how it is with The Secret Life of Bees. I woke up this morning at my usual hour of 4:20 am and was trying to get back to sleep by reading this book. Wasn't going to happen. I kept reading and reading. Yesterday I was folding laundry but all I could think about was "how can I get back to reading that story?" Sadly for me waking up at 4:20 am requires a nap in the middle of the day and yesterday I could not stay awake at 4:20 pm, even if I did want to read the story.

What were my four hyper, crazy, ready-to-be-done with school kids doing at 4:20 pm? They were watching Heidi- a new movie I picked up at the library. Now when they watch a show I would never be able to get an hour and a half nap in, but twenty minutes is good enough to keep me going until say 9 pm and then I'm out again.

In other news, I was fully planning on Asher attending the High School Preschool. They called to let me know that was not going to happen, so I signed him up for the same preschool he had this year. He loved his teacher and I'm almost glad I have to take him to the more expensive preschool, since it's so awesome.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

I love the Secret Life of Bees! I've read it many times and I always fall in love with the characters. Sue Monk Kidd paints such a vivid picture of each person in the book.