Memorial Day/Summer Plans!


This picture was stolen from thepioneerwoman.com, taken by someone else.

I was going to wait until Monday to post a Memorial day picture, but I just couldn't wait! Thepioneerwoman.com is posting a series of blog posts with just pictures of soldiers coming home from war. Wow. It made me tear up. Okay. It made me cry. But that's just because I'm hormonal. And it's a good thing I'm hormonal too. All systems are up and running fine, if you know what I mean. And if not, e-mail me and I'll let you know! (joshmeganabbott@hotmail.com).

On the home front, Asher is still sick. From 5 pm on he kept saying he was cold (getting the chills from his fever) and that his head and tummy hurt. He didn't eat any dinner, but it could have been because of the bag of Captain Crunch I gave him earlier to keep him happy. I just signed up to take him to the gym too. I haven't been in a week! But I have been running in the morning! :)

The ringing in my ears is spontaneously gone again. I had called the Dr. and she had called a prescription in for Depakote, a mood stabilizer, but I wasn't going to add more meds if it would just be gone in the morning- which it is.

SUMMER PLANS ALERT!!! We have such an amazingly awesome summer planned ahead of us! Josh's youngest brother Ben is getting married a week from today to Barbara Harvey in San Luis Obispo. He is the last of nine kids to tie the knot, so we are excited! We will be flying out to California on Thursday, wedding on Friday and then home on Saturday. We have three kind friends who will be watching all the kids. Wow!

Then, 10 days later, we will be taking the whole family out to Cali again for a my side of the family Hulihan reunion! Everyone will be there at different times but we will definitely be all together on June 17th- the day after school gets out. My Dad is turning 60 and we are celebrating! While our trip does not include the great Disney trip, it does include the beach, family, Father's Day, Calico Ghost town and of course, a trip to San Luis again (on the 22 nd) for our kids to see their Grandparents and loads of cousins! What a blast it will be!

Then, the three oldest kids will be in summer school for the month of July and we will also be going to the Hill Cumorah Pageant with Hilary and family. Hooray! August brings swimming lessons and getting ready for second and first grade and preschool. Life sure is exciting! Now if we can all stay accident free and healthy for it all to run smoothly! Oh, and no terrorist bombings while we're flying either!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Boo said…
You sound very busy. I hope it's fun and safe! Why summer school? Do the kids need it, or is it just for fun?
Mrs Abbott said…
MR, the kids did summer school last year and they loved it! It's from 9 am to 1 pm and they get free breakfast and lunch (although I still feed them breakfast) It helps them get to know all the next grade's teachers and gets them ready for next year. Living in the East is intense!