Ethan and Jonah


May 2009, watching tv!


Fathers and Sons Camp-Out 2008


Easter time with all four kids! 2007


The boys, making a mess as they often did! 2006


Us, circa 2005

I am getting ready to do a big post for the boy's 6th birthday. I have my scrapbooks, my new scanner- all I need is a USB chord for the scanner and I'm set! Until then, here is a little preview and a little birth story:

My twins were born early with twin to twin transfusion. They spent a month in the NICU. What a crazy time. We didn't know they had twin to twin. It was a Sunday and I had just informed the ladies from Church that I would need meals starting in five weeks and the contractions hit. Pretty strong. Every five minutes. They came as I walked little 20 month old Elizabeth down the streets of Provo. I hoped they would go away. I napped. They kept coming. We went to Sacrament mtg. Still every five minutes. We went home and after an hour called the hospital. Twins? Come in! They said. Everyone was still at Church and we had no one to leave Elizabeth with. We took her with.

At the Dr. they said "you are at a 7!" Aaah! The twins were coming and fast! We found a place for Elizabeth to go and got the camera from home. They came. Ethan at 10:55 and Jonah at 10:58. We knew they would be about 5 pounds at 34 weeks and expected to take them home with us. Little did we know that Jonah's heart had been enlarged from taking so much of Ethan's blood and Ethan needed a blood transplant. What followed was a worrisome, crazy busy, tiring month of feedings and nursings and rockings and dressings and bathings and blessings. They came home- Jonah on a heart monitor and heart meds and Ethan fine. Now they are strong, soon-to-be six year olds. Yes, they are a bit tiny- they fit into Asher's clothes, but hey, what they lack in size they make up for in spunk. I love my boys!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Janey said…
Megan,
I did not know what you went through with the twins. It maybe my poor memory, but what a blessing that they're healthy and strong today!