The case of Strep


Poor sick Jonah on the night of Fathers and Sons

All last week Jonah was extremely grumpy and tired. He would yell, throw his fork, hit Asher, fall asleep anytime we went somewhere in the car and wouldn't eat very much. This is so abnormal for Jonah. Friday morning after another disagreement I got upset and said "Jonah, I am so tired of you being grumpy all the time!"I called and attempted to make an appointment with the Dr. They got him in later that day. He was feverish and the Strep test came back very positive. What??? I thought! (and felt badly for yelling at him that morning!) He didn't have a sore throat- still didn't and only wouldn't eat. Turns out that is typical for 4-7 year-olds with strep.

Elizabeth came home from school that day with a crazy fever of 101.8. I committed to taking her to the Dr. the very next day. She also said her stomach hurt. After an hour and a half at a busy Dr. office, her strep came back negative but that was only the quick culture one so she was given anti-biotics and stayed home for the next two days because she felt terrible.

All through this process Asher would say "Do I have Strep? Do I have Strep?" I would lovingly say no. Yesterday (Tuesday) and Monday he was the grumpiest I have ever seen him. When he didn't finish his lunch (a shocker), took a two hour nap and came down with a burning fever, I scooped all four children and headed to the Dr. again. Another positive! This time I ordered medicine for Ethan too. There's no way I'm going back to the Dr. this week again. I just don't have time. Of course, maybe that says something about my life.

It might also say something about how one should never share bathroom cups! Never ever! It's not worth it.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. Jonah missed Fathers and Sons because of said Strep. I missed Book Club and now will miss Elizabeth's field trip to the Natural History Museum b/c of Asher. Good thing Ethan and Jonah are going on a field trip to the Carousel tomorrow to make up for it! :)

Comments

Sarah said…
Yuck. I hate when it spreads, no fun. Hope they are all feeling better soon.

How nice to get a nice piano!

I hope you can find your ring that stinks.