Twins and T-Ball


Jonah, the T and the Coach


Smile, Ethan!


Ethan is #10 and Jonah is #2


After the game: Ethan and Jonah!

I can no longer call the twins the boys. Asher informed me that "the boys" means "Ethan, Jonah AND Asher" so, the boys are not doing T-ball: the twins are. Although, when I was growing up (since I am also a twin) I hated being put into a category such as "the twins". I felt that I lost my own identity somehow. So, we will not be calling the boys the twins. We will be calling them I don't know what. All I know is that it won't be the twins. It will probably be: the-boys-but-not-Asher.

The-boys-but-not-Asher are in t-ball. A friend from the ward called and asked us if Ethan and Jonah wanted to play along with her son. She was lonely and needed someone to talk to during the hour and a half games each Saturday for eight Saturdays, plus practices. We had been wanting to put the-boys-but-not-Asher into something for a while, so I jumped at the chance. They are just adorable in their little uniforms and hats and they love it also! I helped be a base coach last week and loved giving little boys (and a few girls) high fives as they rounded the bases, or missed the bases all together. T-ball is pretty funny. No outs. No score. Everyone gets a turn to hit. And snacks and the end of the game. Enjoy the pictures!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Amy said…
Yay---those pictures are great, Meg! And the boys are so cute! Hmm..what can you say besides "twins"...Maybe the 5 year olds or whatever age. Hope you have a great flight tomorrow! i'm excited! Love ya!
Amy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said…
Yeah, I'm not feeling the whole "but not Asher" thing. I know you're trying not to have the twins lose their individual identities, but if you are grouping them anyway, what's the point of adding pointedly that you are excluding Asher?
That could hurt Asher more than calling the twins "the twins" (which, well, they are, whether you call them that or not.) Just my 2 cents. It was good to talk the other day!