Poetry Month


A picture of the kind of flowers I received this past week.

April is Poetry Month and Autism Awareness month. Tomorrow I will have a guest post about her experience raising an autistic son. Today I would like to post a poem that I wrote and what I have learned from baby Rose.

Baby Rose

I love you
You are part of my life-
You always will be
Your sweetness of Life.
The hopes and dreams
And joys I felt
Will never be forgotten.
I love you.

What I learned from Baby Rose:

She helped me:

-Find a good Dr. who cares about me as a person- not one who puts me in a
category and shuts the box.

-Speak to Molly openly about baby Char Char.

-Feel the love and support from family and friends like my Mom, Molly, Larissa, Amy, Christine, Shellie, Ellen, Adele, Melissa, Jen, Emily, Janie, Shauna, Emily W., the kids teachers at school and last but not least, Josh.

- Feel surrounded by His love, literally.

-Make a new friend- Jaelle.

-Learn about othe's experiences and stories.

-Be more patient and understanding.

-Never take the gift of life for granted.

-Love my children more deeply.

-Be more committed to living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

-Not to care so much about the gender, but more about who is coming
to our family.

Thank you, Rose. This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

I just read this post... so long after you wrote it... and it made me bust into tears. I have needed to cry. Thank you to my new dear friend Megan. I think we are going to be friends for life.
Love, Jaelle