My Elizabeth


Elizabeth is 7 1/2 now and she knows it. She is loving life and all that it entails: glasses, friends, a boy she has a crush on (ssshh! don't tell- it's a secret!), reading, math, learning to ride a bike (as of last week), etc. She was so excited for us to be having a new baby. She would put her hands on my tummy and say "How big is the baby now, Mom?" She loves learning the Articles of Faith and was "this close" to passing off the fifth one last Sunday. If she has them all memorized by the end of this year, she will have beaten me in how early she has learned them! Yay for Primary for encouraging the kids.

Elizabeth has a love/hate relationship with the boys. They tend to love to make her fret and she gives in to them. They will run in to her room inbetween getting dressed and she will squeal and yell. They do teach her fun things though- like how to climb a tree and catch bugs. She is a star pupil in school and is "a joy to have in the classroom."

I love Elizabeth! I love having a girl that I can do her hair if the mood strikes me. I love how she wants to help out in the kitchen and is always willing to fold laundry. I love how she practices the piano every day and writes in her journal (which we are NOT allowed to read by the way). I love how she just got a penpal and when she got home from school yesterday she said eagerly "Did the mailman take my letter?" I could go on and on. But I'll leave you with one last item. When asked what her favorite subject in school is, she said "Math." She's her Daddy's Daughter!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Amy said…
She is so cute! I can't believe she will be 8 this year! I love hearing about your kids!
Amy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
This was so fun for me to read since we've never lived close to each other. She seems like such a sweet girl!