Manic Monday


Kristen took this picture of me when I visited her last May. Thanks, Kristen!

Here's what a manic Monday looks for me:

Wake up, get the kids up and fed
Make lunches, make sure Asher gets dressed,
Start laundry,
Shower,
Read Book of Mormon for five minutes and write in journal.
Check e-mail,
Head to This is The Place Bookstore, in search of the New Testament Book of Mormon Reader since we just finished the Old Testament one.
Get there at 9:20 after morning rush traffic. Discover it opens at 10 am.
Walk over to the nearby nursery, browse and buy some peat pots, a shovel for Asher and bird seed.
Head over to the little convenient store and buy a banana for Asher and a Moon Pie for me.
Return to This is the Place and eat said banana and not-as-good-as-I-imagined-it Moon Pie.
Browse Bookstore and pick up 2 birthday presents for the boys (savings banks), a dvd and no New Testament Readers- they were all sold out!
Drive home and Asher falls asleep. It's 11 am. Aah!
Phone Josh and tell him I love him, as suggested by book I browsed at the store.
Cancel trip to Sams Club and spend twenty min. in car reading New Age Kensington Newspaper I picked up.
Find out about poetry month this month.
Switch laundry.
Asher wakes up.
He requested carmel popcorn, as seen in said store.
I make carmel popcorn and as it bakes, proceed to plant watermelon and green beans in previously bought peat boxes outside.
Don't hear timer and the popcorn burns.
Switch laundry.
Eat half a sandwich, two apple slices and finish off hot chocolate from the morning.
Call USAA about home claim from past snow storm.
Give Asher some quiet time, check e-mail and remember that I have to do home claim stuff on-line as suggested from phone call.

Um, yeah. Welcome to my world. Oh, and re-make another batch of non-burnt carmel popcorn.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. I've been spending too much time on myself so Tues-Friday will be devoted to each of my children. Also, I'm scheduling the surgery for Wed. morning. Wish me luck!

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Wow--I am tired just reading that! Do you have a good recipe for the popcorn? By the way--who re-did your blog? It's beautiful! Hope the rest of your day goes smoothly. Love you!
Sarah said…
I hate days that are busy like that. Wears you out. Makes you appreciate slower days. Good luck with the surgery, I'll be praying and thinking of you.
Mrs Abbott said…
Sarah- thanks!
Amy- I use the recipe for good ole' Betty Crocker. I need to double it though, it was gone really fast! Oh, David did my blog- it's nice, huh?