FHE, pink room and bunk beds

Three posts in one!

Last night we had an fhe lesson on how we can act like Jesus. We read stories from the friend and each shared what we can do in our own lives. As we started the lesson, Asher raised his hand. I called on him and he said "when I grow up I want to be a doctor!" "Oh, very good, Asher!" I replied. Ten seconds later his hand was up again. "Yes, Asher?" "When I grow up I want to be an adventure explorer." "You do? Wow! Is this a game? " I asked. "Yes. You spin the bottle..." "Oh, you spin the bottle and everyone says what they want to be when they grow up?" "Yes!" So, we played that game after the lesson and it was cute to see everyone's answers.

Elizabeth wants to be an artist (take note those who want to send us care packages/birthday gifts!)

Ethan wants to be a writer (his teacher today told me that he has all of a sudden grown in self confidence after she put him in a different (albeit lower) reading group and that he writes all the time- as much as a five year old really can write.)

Jonah wants to be a candy maker/scientist

Asher wants to be an astronaut- check back next week.

It's so fun to have a three year to spice up our family home evenings!


During the big snow storm in February, I put Josh to work painting Elizabeth's bedroom pink. We've been wanting to do it for a year now. It looks really great! Now, we just need to add some more decor that really highlights the pinkness of it all. Note- Elizabeth picked this color of pink. I, even lover of pink as I am, wanted to do it a little less pink. She won!





In December we got the boys a bunk bed. They were five and a half and probably old enough to get out of their toddler beds- even if they still fit in them! I do have to say though that maybe we should have gotten two sets of bunk beds. Elizabeth was insanely jealous that she didn't get the bunk bed- her being the oldest child and everything. Oh, well. Maybe someday Elizabeth!

Comments

Unknown said…
What a lovely shade of pink, Elizabeth! Does this mean that Asher now sleeps with the boys and that is why you had to get bunk beds?
Megan..remember when you fell off Grandpa's top bunk bed and he even had a railing?
Show us more pictures when the beds are complete and the pink room is finished and decorated!Loe, Mom
Unknown said…
OOPs...that as me on Larissa's gmail sign in....Love, Mom