Asher and Ethan

Asher
Ethan on Dr. Seuss's birthday.
Asher's Valentines came with a free 5 x 7 Star Wars Poster. I immediately put it up in his room, albeit on the newly painted pink walls. Asher was so excited. Gone were the two by two nursery animals and up was a Stars Wars Poster. He was jumping up and down. That night he said "I love you Anikan Skywalker and Oh bi wan Kanobi." So cute. Whenever we play a guessing game for Family Home Evening he always picks a Star Wars character and has us guess who he is.

Ethan was "reading" to me yesterday. I say "reading" because his reading strategy consists of memorizing the words and repeating them with each page while looking at the picture and inserting the name of the picture. "Here comes the bus. Here comes the truck." Etc. Yesterday it was getting more advanced and he seemed to be so intent on the what the words were that he forgot to look at the picture. " Who am I? I am hairy. I can fly. I am brown. I am a....sloth." Next to it was a picture of a moth. It didn't phase him one bit that what he said didn't make sense. A hairy, flying, brown Sloth? Last time I checked sloths did not fly. "I think you mean moth" I gently prodded. Oh yeah, moth. "Who am I? I am green..." he continued. Oh well, I will trust in his teacher and eventually he will learn to read.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments