Twin to Twin


This story is for my friend who I recently re-connected with through facebook. She has identical twin girls who had twin to twin like my Ethan and Jonah had. Her story can be found at (www.ccluv.blogspot.com) Here is the story of Ethan and Jonah's birth: starting at week 20.

Josh and I found out that we were having twins at the 20 month Ultrasound (our first one). We already had a sixteen month old girl-Elizabeth and so we knew what to expect at the Ultrasound. Upon looking at the screen, the technician turned it away from us and said " Why are you here?" "Uh, to find out the sex of the baby" was our hesitant reply. "Is there something wrong?" I thought. Why did she turn the screen from us? Is the baby sick? Is it deformed? What is going on??? "Okay," replied the technician "but have you been having any problems with this pregnancy?" "Not really. Just going to the bathroom ten times a day and throwing up more than usual." "Let me show you: here's a head and here's another head."

I was happily surprised and Josh was shocked. Either it was a two headed baby or twins. I wanted to know the sex right away. Baby A was a boy. "What about the other one?" I asked. I had to wait until they checked Baby A's heart and lungs, etc and found out that Baby B was a boy also! Two boys!! I started talking about car seats and names. The lady said that usually the women were more shocked than I was. I had always wanted twins, since I am a twin- although in my minds eye I viewed myself having twin fraternal girls first- just like my Mom- not twin identical boys second- but that's okay.

More of the story to continue tomorrow. This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Cool! I can't wait to read more tomorrow! Thanks for posting :)

And speaking of you being a twin....Do you still keep in good touch with Molly?