Potty Training 401


I call this potty training 401 because this is my fourth time potty training and they are all so different. I've been waiting for a week without any activities so that I could stay home all day and potty train. Well, that never happened, so last Thursday, I put Asher in Elmo undies and away we went. He stayed dry most of the morning but didn't really want to sit on the potty either. We went for a walk and I had a little discussion with him. It went something like this:

"Now when we get home, you can sit on the potty and if you go pee, I will let you choose any Halloween candy that you want."

His eyes got big and then we continued walking. I forgot all about it and thought he had too. When we got home, he went straight to the bathroom. I thought "what is he doing?" Then I remembered our talk. He sat there and nothing was happening. It was about 10:30 and he already had one juice box. I turned the faucet on and he went. YAY! First time. He was surprised! I let him pick any candy at all and it was great! Nap time I forgot a pull-up and he had an accident. So far, a few accidents a day but mostly dry! Yesterday he even told me when he was going #2- and then went in the potty! We're on our way baby!! Yay for Asher! Gotta go- Asher has to go!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
Sounds like Asher is on his way! Turning the water on is an old trick...I think I used that trick, too...has to me a nice trickling sound, not a loud gush??? Anyway..HooRay!Love, Your Momma