My kind of prayer!

In an effort not to offend the teller of this story, I won't repeat the story word for word but my friend'srprayer has resonated in my mind for several days now. Upon realizing that something was going to happen that she did not want to happen, my friend immediately went to her knees and prayed:

"Please, please don't let this happen. But if it does, help me to feel okay with it." A little while later she felt okay with it. She felt at peace.

I love that! I love how she was so humble. Lately I'll pray "please let it not happen" and go about my life crossing my fingers, merely hoping and missing out on the comfort that is available to each and every one of us.

Yesterday, after opening the fridge, a jar of spaghetti sauce fell out, burst open (I don't screw lids on tight enough) and splashed all over the floor and Josh's work pants. The kids all stood there in shock. This morning I found myself saying "please, please, let the stain come out and if not help me to feel okay with it." I know it's a small thing- but peace is available to us- whenever we need it! Oh, and the stain came mostly out!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
Megan...that was a great post. i liked that prayer your friend said. It ha sbeen said its not what hapens to you that matters, it is how you deal with it that counts.
Red sauce on clothing. Immediately run cold water over it and rub fabric together. Use spray and wash after that...spary and let it sit 10 min. then rinse and rub. Mom
Sarah said…
A good way to look at it. Instead of worrying about what might happen, you pray that it won't happen but then if it does you'll be okay with it. A great thing to do to obtain peace. Thanks for sharing!