Poison Ivy

So, Ethan has Poison Ivy. I took the boys in to the Dr. for their 5 yr old. check up the other day. (yes, 3 months late- but they were booked when I called in June!) They are both doing well. They have grown in height from the 3rd percentile to the 7th percentile. So that's good. Although they still only weigh about 34 pounds for a five year old.

The dr. noticed the red spots on Ethan's legs I was going to ask her about and said it was definitely poison ivy. They don't have it in California, so it's all new to me. Josh told that it's not really good to get it wet, because it will spread. He's been going to swimming lessons for the past week. Oops! Anyways, he has some cream on it now and is already feeling better.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. Josh and I are planning a get away this weekend. More news to follow!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Meg - yes they definitely have it in California. I have had a little spot once and Jon ad lots! There is actually a lot in Santa Barbara hiking areas too. We use a soap called Tecanu - or maybe its Tenacu - to help relive itching and wash it off when you encounter it. You will have to teach the boys what it looks like so they can avoid it...
Douglas Smith said…
Sheelah and I also use Tecnu after hiking. If you use it soon enough it can remove urushiol oil, the irritating oil poison oak/ivy, before the rash begins.

We have LOTS of poison oak in Santa Barbara!